June 21st, 2012
I know we haven’t been in touch for a while. Please forgive me. I don’t really have any excuses except maybe that I’ve been working in a job and that I really was never all that great at blogging in the first place. I continually grow in respect for bloggers and just what it takes to keep an interesting blog going. Hats off to you!
Anyway my dear World, I just wanted to send you a quick note to break the silence. I’m sure you’re wondering what I’ve been up to lately.
Some quick notes:
- Did I mention that I miss my team at Parnerpedia? Running around on my own I really see how much I relied on them. (tear rolls down cheek)
- I had grand dreams of knocking out a bunch of code in the first week but the reality was totally different. So far I’ve just been wading through mountains of info about the latest technologies and trying to get somewhat up to speed. For example: Vagrant, Chef, Vim, Sublime Text 2, jasmine, CoffeeScript, minispade, Rake::Pipeline, Backbone.js, Ember.js, Trigger.io, PhoneGap, tmux…
- I led a great all-day meeting with my business partners answering the six questions about why we exist as a company. (ala Patrick Lencioni ) Even in the first week it has been critical for keeping us oriented. I’m encouraged working with people who are eager to lay down the foundation for organizational health at the beginning.
- I drank more alcohol in the past couple weeks than I did in the last 6 months. Cheers to startup culture!
- I’ve completely lost my routine of sleep, commute and exercise and it’s really bugging me. I have to rebuild it around my new life situation. This is a good thing to remember when contemplating a move: don’t take it lightly!
- Oh, and I’m looking forward to picking up a new Macbook Air 11” as my development machine in the next couple of days. I was gunning for the MBP retina but as I checked them out in store I was really drawn to the 11” Macbook Air. It’s an amazingly powerful machine and so small!! I just hope my eyes can handle the small screen. I’m getting old. (sigh)
Well World, that’s it for now. Thanks for being there for me all these years.
With Love, -Chris
PS: Please sign up on the Chantup website to stay in the loop with what we’re doing. (You will also be entered to win a Whitecaps Jersey)